Brightsquid specializes in providing secure-mail capabilities for clinics. The Brightsquid Secure-Mail solution provides compliance, patient and provider inclusion, and an easy to use solution that is more streamlined than fax and email. Brightsquid offers a solution that looks and feels like email but prevents cyber attacks, and the solution streamlines traditional clinic communication system that may be inefficient.
Brightsquid offers a number of features that can be customized to each individual clinic needs, including:
- Block ransomware with threat scanning software that does not let cyber viruses in to a clinic’s network.
- Read receipts replace fax success messages with the knowledge that a message was actually read by the intended recipient.
- Shared inbox allows a clinic to triage messages to the most appropriate person, and to store messages in a central location available to assigned team members so that no message is missed and everyone is up-to-date.
- Connect securely with anyone. Users can invite any other clinic, clinician, or patient to communicate for free. And users can copy as many members of a patient’s care team as necessary to fully coordinate care.
- Send 500MB attachments (as many as needed per message) to get any diagnostic file anywhere it needs to go.
- Telus MedDialog integration which offers EMR integration.
Brightsquid also offers access to a team of privacy compliance consultants that will identify areas of risk and assist in the development of policies and procedures required to help protect a clinic.
Brightsquid is available nationwide in Canada and the USA.
Brightsquid offers a robust secure messaging solution that is modelled after email and connects all members of any healthcare team. This Secure-Mail allows for patient-provider interactions, as well as interactions between providers. Brightsquid is one of the few vendors that can support provider to provider secure-messaging, which increases the efficiency of the workflow.
Brightsquid has Telus MedDialog integration which mean that Brightsquid can send information to users directly from a patient record, and users can reply back into the EMR. Brightsquid is one of a hand-full of vendors that has EMR integration at this time.
Privacy & Security
Brightsquid Secure-Mail protects clinic and patient data from cyber threats and is compliant with provincial and federal privacy regulations.
Brightsquid is PHIPA and PIPEDA compliant and has completed the required all provincial PIA submissions.
Location of Servers:
Servers are located in Canada.
Privacy/Compliance Training Available:
Brightsquid privacy compliance consultants are available to work with clinics to ensure that privacy and security threats and areas of risk are identified, and can help to develop the required policies and procedures.
Comprehensive compliance packages are available that include:
- A comprehensive Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA)
- Privacy compliance training for all clinic staff
- Information Manager Agreements
- Expedited PIA submission process
- Annual PIA amendment (conformed vendors)
- Privacy hotline (guidance and support)
- Annual audit and assessment report
- Clinic policy update guidance
- Annual clinic workflow update
- Agreement template update
- Privacy Handbook updates
- Breach report guidance
Workflow considerations are a key factor when implementing a secure messaging or virtual care solution and Brightsquid offers expertise to review key workflow considerations. The Brightsquid Secure-Mail solution has been utilized by existing customers and clinics in a variety of ways, including:
- eConsultations between primary care and specialists
- Appointment scheduling and management
- Patient appointment follow up
- Virtual visits that replace appropriate office visits
- Pre-visit forms and questionnaires
- Deliver lab results
- Send out lab requisitions
Brightsquid Secure-Mail can be purchased for $39.99/month per provider.
During this time of COVID-19 pandemic, a special offer is available.
In addition, Brightsquid subscribers also qualify for discounted rates on Cyber Liability Insurance through Lloyd’s of London.
Information on this page was provided by the vendor or summarized from vendor websites.